   From: Edward Mast <nedma...@aol.com>
   To: Karl Wohlwend <kwoh...@gmail.com>
   Cc: lute@cs.dartmouth.edu
   Sent: Tuesday, 26 June 2012, 20:37
   Subject: [LUTE] Re: New post
   As long as I can go on line and find the CDs I want, I consider the
   medium still alive (but it is ironic that CDs may ultimately
   pre-decease vinyl).  I prefer having my music stored on discs (or
   records) that I can browse, and including notes that I can read away
   from a computer.  Of course, this being my preference means nothing in
   terms of which way the industry will go.  But at least I have a
   substantial library that will sustain me musically for years to come.
   Ned
   On Jun 26, 2012, at 9:28 AM, Karl Wohlwend wrote:
   > CDs still have a place in the world for those of us who play
   concerts. The digital revolution hasn't yet found a way to satisfy
   those audience members who want to take a souvenir home with them, and
   performers always need gas and food money. They also make fine business
   cards. Now, profit is another story altogether...