On Jul 1, 2012, at 1:55 PM, Ron Andrico wrote:

>   Is the Doppler effect what happens when you pitch a theorbo end over
>   end?

Pitching a theorbo end over end is an ahistorical practice because it's
possible only with a toy theorbo.  Maybe Randy Johnson could pitch a theorbo
that way...

> Is it the Droppler effect if the strap comes undone?

Technically yes, but unless you're standing on the edge of a third-story
balcony when it happens, the effect is too transitory to be of musical
significance

> Is it undone
>   if it's rare?

I'm not sure, but I know it's not well done if it's rare.