I have terrible nails and I always have to use superglue with bits of
tissue to reinforce my nails.

I sometimes have to repair a broken nail with acrylic.  You can buy
acrylic powder along with a solvent from a beauty supply store.
I dab a bit on a crack, and it hardens in a minute or so.  Occasionally
I will rebuild a broken nail by cutting a glossy cardboard form to fit
under the nail, and brushing the acrylic over that.  It's best not
to coat the entire nail, as this seems to have a lasting softening
effect on the nail.

Toby