That's lovely. One of my favourite songs. I have a very nice recording of it performed by Le Poeme Harmonique. But it sounds even nicer on the lute alone. Perhaps you could arrange it for baroque guitar?

Monica

----- Original Message ----- From: "David van Ooijen" <davidvanooi...@gmail.com>
To: "lutelist Net" <Lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2012 11:52 AM
Subject: [LUTE] instrumental air de cours

For a cd recording I made earlier this year, I needed an instrumental
version of the beautiful air de cour Cessez mortels de souspirer by
Pierre Guédron. I am sure I am not the only one who makes such
arrangements, but still I'd like to share the result with you, as I
think these arrangements make attractive pieces to play.

I've just recorded and uploaded my home version with no singer in sight:
http://youtu.be/a5pq9xEpueI

If you want to have a go yourself, I've uploaded the pdf to the Sheet
music section of my website.

enjoy!

David

PS: Yes, it's a kabuki hairstyle peeping up from behind the lute. ;-)