I seem to remember that lutes were used in courtly manifestations (processions
i.e. "Entrée de luths") where a large number of lute players were walking and
playing.
In medieval and renaissance paintings lute players are often shown playing
while standing up. Then there also are a number of pics where lutes are being
played by courting men walking side by side with their loved ones.

Cheers! Lex
Op 7 okt 2012, om 09:56 heeft Joshua Horn het volgende geschreven: