   From: David van Ooijen <davidvanooi...@gmail.com>
   To: lutelist Net <Lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
   Sent: Wednesday, 24 July 2013, 10:40
   Subject: [LUTE] Re: Gemeentemuseum lutes?
   The musical instrument collection of the Gemeentemuseum is not
   accessible, for many years now. There used to be a fair number of
   instruments on display, even used in concerts (I remember the
   collascione we played in an opera production some 20+ years ago),  but
   they are kept in storage now. The museum focuses on modern art,
   paintings mostly,  costumes and pictures.  A shame, as there is no
   musical instrument museum in The Netherlands (apart form a private
   collection you can visit somewhere in the North) and the collection of
   the Gemeentemuseum is very good.
   David
   On 24 July 2013 00:31,  <[1]theoj89...@aol.com> wrote:
   > I will be near den Haag, NL, in September. The Gemeentemuseum looks
   to have a good collection of lutes, but does anyone know if there are
   any on display? Would it be worth spending a day to visit the museum,
   if my main goal is to view the lute collection? Thanks-