I've had screws put in after the fact the couple of times pegboxes have popped
off my lutes. I'm also curious, Mr. Shepherd, about the historical use of
dowels in the construction, repair, and conversion of lutes. Being on the road
with lutes means they get banged up a little, and the wonderful John Rollins
accomplished some splendid things rebuilding the neck of my traveling theorbo
(a Klaus Jacobsen Miata) with the use of some big, fat dowels, beautifully
concealed.

Sent from my Ouija board