"...a pantaleon solo..."

I thought I knew all the instruments-

Surely not this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkHngpNdrJY

On 2/11/2015 3:37 AM, Stephan Olbertz wrote:
This is exciting! "Hier hängt die Unschuld nackt und bloss", aria with Tenor
and (judged by the mp3 on amzon.de) d-minor theorbo. Gebel was a close
friend of Johann Kropfgans. I believe his single lute piece is an
arrangement of a pantaleon solo, which Gebel played quite succesfully (he
used an all gut-strung instrument, BTW).

Thanks and best regards

Stephan

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu [mailto:lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu] Im Auftrag
von David van Ooijen
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 11. Februar 2015 11:51
An: Stephan Olbertz
Cc: lutelist Net
Betreff: [LUTE] Re: Obbligato lute and theorbo

    Dear Stephan

    I stand corrected. I remembered it as Graupner because of the
    anniversary year and because ofA all the Graupner I played myself, but
    it was Gebel. Georg Gebel. Johannes Passion with obligato lute.A

    My apologies for the wild goose chase and/or red herrings. Neither for
    Lent.A

    David
    On Wednesday, February 11, 2015, Stephan Olbertz