David-

Can you do it with your LEFT thumb? (Of course, you could stand in front of me - a plus for the audience!)

What I really, really need is someone with extra thumbs on their plucking hand to help me out on my archlute. I'm not as used to all them there bass strings as a lot you professional continuo players!

Dan

On 5/14/2015 9:30 AM, David van Ooijen wrote:

    > chord- on the 6th string/course are (& maybe also were- Capirola's
    instructions?) commonly fingered with the left thumb. (Or David van
    Ooijen's right thumb).
    > <<
    Great idea! You play your thing and I stand next to you and lend a
    finger when needed.
    David