You don't need any of that. All you need is to loop the strap around 1 or 2 treble side frets.
Like this -
http://polyhymnion.org/swv/images/strap.jpg
done.

Should never sit guitar-style, ergonomically bad. Pat O'Brien advocated the above, with your axe high up under the chin, which gives a really good right hand angle.
RT