It's finally becoming obvious that only octopi and extraterrestrials were meant to play lutes- or at least hold onto them! Or are all the lute players working in zero gravity conditions?

Don't know what that makes me- never had a bit of trouble from the moment I first held one over 45 years ago, after getting scoliosis and tendonitis from Classical guitars. Only one minimal, relatively tasteful $30 guitar strap for the archlute. (Gets off-balance heavy, out there on the distant yard-arm).

Meanwhile, "Luteduo" has a comprehensive video on the Lute Network site for nailing that sucker down even in a hurricane, perhaps while bull-riding. I think Roman has pics of galloping, mounted Torban players on his website- so are we all a bunch of sissies?

http://lutegroup.ning.com/forum/topics/tying-the-strap?xg_source=activity

Dan