I suppose you could rail against big bad Google (owner of youtube) but I doubt
that will put food on the table. I actually think a more likely to succeed
class action suit would be against the companies that automatically claim that
your video of 16th century music violates their copyright for a Justin Bieber
song. I just had a battle with one of them that took a month and put me at risk
for getting my entire channel shut down.

In any case, if you have a devoted following that wants to support you through
your youtube endeavors you might want to consider Patreon.
(https://www.patreon.com/home <https://www.patreon.com/home>)
I have supported artists through this mechanism.