> Indeed, and it was Mudarra himself who wrote those words concerning "false
> notes" in his fantasia.

I'd even be reluctant to translate "falsas" with "false notes" (Mathias, is
that why you put it in quotes?)

Yes.
Mathias

"Musica falsa" was a well established alternative term for "musica ficta", i.e.
notes that are generated from hexachords other than the standard three. So, as
an alternative (possible) translation one might read:
" from here until the end you find some (disjunct) hexachords that, when played
well appear to sound good."

Not nearly as good a story as that about Mudarra making fun of Lodovico's
skills as a harp player but actually rather convincing when you look at the
music. And it give us valuable information on techniques used on diatonic harps
to cope with the increasing needs of raised tones in cadences.

 Cheers, Ralf Mattes