I technically posted an example of quodlibet. But what you've done is
   in fact precisely the same as a mashup, wherein two disparate source
   pieces are overlaid, often with one source requiring a change of pitch
   and/or tempo. Mashups don't mean that you've edited the parts, that
   would be more like sampling or looping in digital audio production.
   Mashups require that you HAVEN'T EDITED THE PARTS. The mashup as a
   genre is only popular in the first place because the "evidence" you're
   claiming can be "discovered" with pretty much any two pieces of music,
   given matching tempi and key.
   It's just that mashups aren't real evidence. The claim you are making
   and the manner in which you are making it has precisely the same
   academic weight as if you were saying "if you start Pink Floyd's "Dark
   Side of the Moon' after the 2nd roar of the MGM lion at the beginning
   of The Wizard of Oz, you can clearly see that L. Frank Baum was a HUGE
   PINK FLOYD FAN." All you're showing us right now is the result of a
   phenomenon called apophenia. Indulging apophenia can be wildly
   entertaining and the results may even become a new piece of art in
   their own right, but research it is not.
   I like that you're thinking about similarities, but I'd just expect
   more rigor from someone who says they're a musicologist. I'm sorry, but
   even if your claims were correct your mashups on their own still
   wouldn't hold any water. Show us actual research that supports your
   claims.
   But most of all, please stop addressing the list as though we are all
   "fools".
   Regards,
   Jacob Johnson
   [uc?export=download&id=0B6_gM3BRE6ZrYVVZZU5QNmJqdDQ&revid=0B6_g
   M3BRE6ZraW9nQ2U4SGNwV0tYVWxobnNBVjBsZi9FNHhzPQ]
   Guitar/Lute
   [1]www.johnsonguitarstudio.com
   469.237.0625.
   On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 12:51 PM, Tristan von Neumann