Here's my answers to your questions. I don't know if this is actually true or not, but I feel that way.

Am 14.03.2018 um 22:33 schrieb Gilbert Isbin:
    Why is the lute world ruled by early music ?

It's just that the music is SO good that it's hard to think of anything else so much fun, intellectually joyful and pleasing just playing for yourself. New Music tends to either be spectralist or atonal. The former sounds fascinating, but I have not yet heard any piece exploring that direction. The latter just does not suit the naturally sympathetic nature of the lute. And then there is retro-new music which is nice, but just shows love for Early Music.

    Why are 90 or 95% of the lutenists afraid to play new music for the
    lute ?

New Music needs a completely new technique. Most lutists are good amateurs, and the few pros are struggling to make a living doing Early Music. There is hardly time to practice considering the meager out/income for playing New Music.
New Music appeals to an even smaller audience than Early Music.

    Why did guitarists, recorder players, cellists, pianists , oud players
    etc. took the challenge to play today's music and the lute world almost
    - with a very few exeptions - doesn't ?

There are more of those around, so the number of crazy people doing that is higher in absolute numbers. The percentage is still very low. Most play Classical, Romantic, and Early Music.

    Why are luteplayers afraid to play something different ?

If it's applying 16th century/Baroque techniques, it's probably also very similar to the "Real McCoy". If it isn't, it's probably very hard to play.

    Why do lutenists think the lute must be played with a very specific
    approach ?

This only applies to Early Music, where it makes sense.

    Why are lots of lutenists looking down at lutenists who are trying to
    do something else with the instrument, with other techniques, new
    approaches?

Narcissism. Instead of feeling joy, there's joy in the ridicule of something. Since you can't ridicule someone for playing 16th century music without targeting your own playing, it is just convenient if someone leaves the usual paths. Real musicians are interested in these paths., even if they don't want to try them on their own.

    What is the future for the lute music if it stays to be that dogmatic ?

It's not that Renaissance or Baroque music would suddenly change...

    I guess Dowland and all the other wonderful lutes composers would have
    a good laugh with the today's lute world approach to the instrument.

John Dowland would probably still be touring through Europe - in big clubs.