It does indeed require additional bass courses, but the relevant point
   here is that the music is for an instrument in the old tuning.
   MH

   From: "mathias.roe...@t-online.de" <mathias.roe...@t-online.de>
   To: "lute@cs.dartmouth.edu" <Lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
   Sent: Tuesday, 10 April 2018, 10:13
   Subject: [LUTE] Re: Latest book in viel ton outside Italy
     I seem to remember that a 14c lute is required in Reusner's
   Lustgarten.
     Mathias
     Gesendet mit der [1]Telekom Mail App
     --- Original-Nachricht ---
     Von: Andreas Schlegel
     Betreff: [LUTE] Re: Latest book in viel ton outside Italy
     Datum: 09.04.2018, 20:32 Uhr
     An: Rainer
     Cc: lute list
     Esajas Reusner the older:
     Musicalischer Lust-Garten / das ist: Herren D. Martini Lutheri, Wie
     auch anderer Gottseliger (der Reinen Augspurgischen Confession
     zugethaner) MÃ ¤nner / Geistliche Kirchen- und HauÃ-Lieder: Auff
   Lauten
     Tabulatur gesetzt, Breslau (Georg Baumann) 1645
     for 11-course lute in vieil ton.
     The 11-course lute in vieil tone seems to be very common in this
   time.
     How it looks like is a very god questio. See my article
     The Lute in the Dutch Golden Age What we know and what we play today,
     in: The Lute in the Netherlands in the Seventeenth Century: Pro-
     ceedings of the International Lute Symposium Utrecht, 30 August 2013,
     ed. by Jan W.J. Burgers, Tim Crawford and Matthew Spring, Cambridge
     Scholars Publishing 2016, ISBN 978-1-4438-9075-5, p. 73-101.
     Andreas
     <[2][1]rads.bera_g...@t-online.de>:

     > Dear lute netters,
     >
     > I have often wondered what the latest book in vieil ton published
     outside Italy is.

     > As a starting point I offer:
     >

     > Louys de Moy, LE Petit Boucquet, â ¦, 1631
     >

     > Rainer

     > [3][2]http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~wbc/lute-admin/index.html
     Andreas Schlegel
     Eckstr. 6