Good advice from Chris. It is also often helpful to move the finger
   just some millimetres up or down. In long passages it's important to
   use the arm weight rather than pressing hard.

   Stephan

   Von: Christopher Wilke <chriswi...@cs.dartmouth.edu>
   Datum: 20.04.18 22:47 (GMT+01:00)
   An: Leonard Williams <arc...@verizon.net>
   Cc: Lutelist Net <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
   Betreff: [LUTE] Re: Barring tips

      My advice for barring would be to drink a lot of water beforehand,
   when
      you're there and when you get home.
      It also helps to curve your finger - the arch shape is much stronger
      than a straight finger, meaning that you don't have to use as much
      muscular Force to press down. Also, place the finger down more on
   the
      side than flat. If you can, try to mash the strings with the boney
   side
      of a knuckle instead of the fleshy part of yer fanger.
      Chris
      [1]Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
      On Friday, April 20, 2018, 4:23 PM, Leonard Williams