I guess the most logical way is to play the run with index and middle finger (not dedillo), it's also most convenient. Sounds great if played with panache. Albert de Rippe has some similar dotting in his style and it makes sense. For my taste, this gives more control over the brightness and clarity of the notes.

What strikes me more with Rotta's works is the detailed instructions which notes to hold, sometimes three notes, which leave you with few ways to go to the next chord, or none, if you put the wrong fingers on them. :)
His Ricercars are very good practice material for voice leading.