While we're at it - a while ago I wondered about a galliard in Vincenzo Galilei's Tabulatura that seems like a template for Can Shee Excuse.
It's probably in the mailing list archive.
I had not received any thoughts about it but would be interested if someone had an explanation.

Am 08.08.2018 um 10:34 schrieb stephan.olbe...@web.de:
Dear Stewart and Ron,

that rang a bell and after a quick look into my windows cloud I saw that I
arranged the piece for two lutes years ago and correctly gave both sources in
the editorial notes. I don't recall if I read about the concordance or found
out myself.

Regards
Stephan

Gesendet: Mittwoch, 08. August 2018 um 10:11 Uhr
Von: "Ron Andrico" <praelu...@hotmail.com>
An: "Lute Net" <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>, "Stewart McCoy" <lu...@tiscali.co.uk>
Betreff: [LUTE] Re: Dowland's Courante

    Congratulations, Stewart.  It appears you have discovered a new
    concordance.  If it had been known previously, surely Peter Holman
    would have mentioned the concordance in his notes to his recording An
    Englishman Abroad: Consort music composed, arranged and collected by
    Thomas Simpson (1582 -1628), Hyperion CDA66435, 1991.  Snatches of many
    other of Dowland's songs have crept into the dance tune repertory, and
    your discovery adds to the pile.

    RA