   around 1977.
   Matteo
   CD 13, Tack 3
   On Wed, 8 Aug 2018 at 10:12, Ron Andrico <[1]praelu...@hotmail.com>
   wrote:

        Congratulations, Stewart.   It appears you have discovered a new
        concordance.   If it had been known previously, surely Peter
     Holman
        would have mentioned the concordance in his notes to his
     recording An
        Englishman Abroad: Consort music composed, arranged and collected
     by
        Thomas Simpson (1582 -1628), Hyperion CDA66435, 1991.   Snatches
     of many
        other of Dowland's songs have crept into the dance tune
     repertory, and
        your discovery adds to the pile.
        RA

        From: [2]lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu <[3]lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu>
     on behalf
        of Stewart McCoy <[4]lu...@cs.dartmouth.edu>
        Sent: Tuesday, August 7, 2018 11:39 PM
        To: Lute Net
        Subject: [LUTE] Dowland's Courante
           This evening I had the pleasure of playing Dowland's "Were
     every
           thought an eye" from his Pilgrimes Solace (1612). It seemed
     very
           familiar, and then I recognised it as Dowland's Courante in
     Thomas
           Simpson's Taffel-Consort (1621). I didn't know of this
     concordance.
           can find no mention of it in Diana Poulton's book John
     Dowland, and
        no
           mention in the introduction to the Scolar Press facsimile of A
           Pilgrimes Solace. Have I discovered something new, or is it
     already
           common knowledge?
           Stewart McCoy