Dear colleagues,
   I do not pretending to be an expert or merely theorbo master, but would
   like to say that theorbo (even my, which is honestly not the best one)
   is loud enough with proper technique. I do not suffer playing this way.
   Thanks to may teachers, Evangelina Mascardi and Xavier Diaz-Latorre who
   showed me correct sound production and explained how to teach myself
   this way. Also I do not fighting against a band, I'm observing time and
   tessitura to be built in music, to support the band and to be audible
   (thanks to my composition studies for that).
   Obviously, if you play with modern orchestra with 16 I violins and
   brass, theorbo is useless and there is no sence to enforce lutes for
   that purpose. If one plays with big period orchestra one theorbo is not
   enough, 2-3 axes of lutes plus harps makes effect if everyone plays
   with correct technique. That is historical evidence.
   Below is the proof. Days ago I played in ballet at the Hermitage
   theater. The band is small and I am single theorbist. There was no
   amplifier, there was no mic close to the theorbo, only distance mics.
   Be the way, I do not use the nails on right hand. Lute starts to play
   on about 13 min. Tell me, is it still not enough? Your experience is
   more rich than mine and most of you know more than me, so I would be
   glad to get your comments If I'm wrong. I would like to be better!
   (Sorry, webcast was only in a Facebook, but Fb haters can watch without
   logging in)
   [1]https://www.facebook.com/baroque4you/videos/551180878677128/?__xts__
   [0]=68.ARC_yp_WNftrYVq_uOl0-j9Xxr6QaquBSFdwNY5szs4Gvtf_vuAAc8QYfufygVhw
   VPxYsXRSZgARlk-cUmiT--7f7m5tgoss7DzJ071sjGrf27nM8prkEzpKc6CfXymPj2EnyRD
   vpdjtzES2kW01YQ1Gh7UWjPvuINA4-uZMGbJB2YIQVGZp3YE&__tn__=H-R
   Sincerely,
   Konstantin

   вÑ, 9 окÑ. 2018 г. в 0:42, Ron Andrico