I don't understand the argument against using a tuner - the rather inexpensive
Android + iOS app "Cleartune" has a number of different temperaments including
1/4, 1/6 comma meantone pre-defined - just set the base note and watch the
readings.

Good luck anyway :-)

“Close your eyes. Fall in love. Stay there.”

Jalāl ad-Dīn Muhammad Rumi