when I'm making a selection I keep it small, not more than 50 pieces. Vital to
me is an index to easier locate pieces. If you have a good pdf editor you can
simply add a page number to an existing document and resave it.

I have a collection by lute type like 6c or 8c. Other collections that I
compile over time are by geographic origin.

Another way is to compile pieces in view of a performance, like 12 pieces for
one evening.

Good luck
Jurgen

“Close your eyes. Fall in love. Stay there.”

Jalāl ad-Dīn Muhammad Rumi