Don't know how this happened, but many years ago (in the early 60's)
   learned few steps & danced galliards, courantes, slower dances--woman
   whose name I've forgotten--from the various treatises mentioned above.
   So we had dancers in our early programs, they just tried to look
   authentic, dances were danced but were not very authentic. There are
   people around now very authoritative. (I was an ardent folkdancer at
   Reed College in 60's & 70's, did lots of eastern European dances--line
   dances, etc.)
   Timothy Swain (erstwhile lutenist of old)

   On Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 6:06 AM Ron Andrico <[1]praelu...@hotmail.com>