Not all courantes are easy to play though :)))

I would be very happy to receive any info on the possible dance moves
around 1600.

On 27.10.19 16:38, Jurgen Frenz wrote:
    Hello there,

    I have the impression that Courantes have the tendency to be
    technically much less challenging than other compositions of their time
    - most striking it appears in Kapsberger's first book (1611). What
    seems to be the reason? Was a Courante a piece of teaching material? Or
    where they pop tunes of their time, hence "crowd pleasers"? Also from
    descriptions I understand that they are not to be played at a high
    speed neither as if it was to show of one's speed skills.

    Looking forward to hear some ideas, thank you.

    Jurgen