Thanks Ralf and Miles.  The Zoom recorder is more than I need and more
expensive.  I was thinking in the ~$25 - $50 range.  Perhaps the Yeti that
Milres recommended.

John

On 3/29/20, 5:29 PM, "Ralf Mattes" <lute-...@new-old-mail.cs.dartmouth.edu on
behalf of r...@mh-freiburg.de> wrote:

    Am Sonntag, 29. März 2020 23:02 CEST, John Trout <tjtrout...@gmail.com>
schrieb:

    >    Can anyone recommend a relatively inexpensive USB microphone that I can
    >    use with. Macbook Pro for lessons over the internet and possible home
    >    recordings?

    Define "relatively inexpensive". All Zoom recorders can be used as USB
microphones/audio
    interfaces. I use a Zoom H4. As a nice side effect you can use them without
a computer,
    recording to a SD disk.

     Hope that helps,

     RalfD