Yes, there are several chords which require using a finger (any finger) to cover two or more courses, and Waissel even gives us fingerings which involve using the second finger to hold to top two courses, in a context where we would use a barré.  See my blog: https://luteshop.co.uk/all-fingers-and-thumbs/

Martin