If it works, it's allowed.

Sometimes when I am in a good mood and don't think much about the fingering,

seemingly impossible things happen. (Hard to recreate though).

When I'm just listening and not trying to finger everything consciously,
holding the most important lines often makes other notes fall into
place, even if the fingering is unconventional.

Some composers offer easy solutions if you find them, like holding and
sliding a certain finger.

As an autodidact, I probably made it more difficult where an experienced
player could have told me...