I heard Walter Gerwig and Julian Brean  playing the renaissance lute on
   the   Bavarian  radio  station  in the 1960 usually  on Sunday at noon
   I  liked this early  lute music  right away. Everybody in my  family
   played the Fluegelhorn, trumpet , english horn, piano. and recorder
   both players  inspired  me so much that  my aunt ( majored in classical
    music from Salzburg) immediately referred  me to a  lute teacher  (
   those   days classical guitar  - lute tuning)
   As an old man now I still play my B- lute every afternoon  in my
   retirement here in Calif
   rest in peace  Julian Brean, you have done so   much good in this
   world>>>>>>>
   Hermann

   On Fri, Aug 14, 2020 at 2:03 PM Tristan von Neumann
   <[1]tristanvonneum...@gmx.de> wrote:

     Rest in Pieces by John Dowland, Julian.
     You made him popular again.