On Tue, Jun 02, 2026 at 02:23:59PM +1000, luv-main wrote:
> On Tuesday, 2 June 2026 12:10:10 AEST Duncan Roe via luv-main wrote:
> > Tonight I'll be talking about bash *cd* history, a new thing (AFAIK)
> > that I invented. bash history has been around forever.
>
> https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/157763/do-we-have-more-history-for-cd
> https://fishshell.com/docs/current/cmds/cdh.html
>
> Other shells like zsh and fish have this sort of thing.  I haven't used them
> because a large portion of my work is sysadmin and I don't want to have
> different shells on different systems and most systems have the default shell
> chosen by someone else.
>
> But if you aren't working on such shared systems shells like fish have a lot
> to offer.  Getting the most out of bash is always good, but there are other
> options which could benefit a lot of bash users.
>
> For the bold there are even shells with LLM integration...
>
> --
> My Main Blog         http://etbe.coker.com.au/
> My Documents Blog    http://doc.coker.com.au/
>
After I looked at these URLs I realised I'd missed an important word out
of my talk title.

My talk is about a *persistent* cd stack - still there after a reboot.

Cheers ... Duncan.
_______________________________________________
luv-main mailing list -- [email protected]
To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]

Reply via email to