Hi Russell,

You can use iperf to test between devices over local networks.

I am using www.neptune.net.au for internet no issue so far and a bit
cheaper than TPG.

Regards,
Nick

On Sat, 12 Sept 2026, 13:20 Russell Coker via luv-main, <[email protected]>
wrote:

> https://www.speedtest.net/
>
> According to the above site my home Internet connection gets 530.46Mbps
> download and 45.87Mbps upload.
>
> When watching YouTube at 1080p resolution at 2* speed with Google-Chrome
> as
> the browser I get timeouts.
>
> What could be the cause of this?  How would I go about diagnosing a
> problem of
> Internet speed that doesn't show up in speedtest.net?
>
> Is there any FOSS software for checking link quality, something I could
> run on
> one of my servers and look for packet loss on high speed data transfers?
>
> What are good ISPs nowadays?
>
> I'm paying $95/month for Internode (now TPG) NBN.  Having IPv6 is very
> important to me and I am willing to pay extra for that (options of saving
> money while not having IPv6 are not interesting to me).  If I could pay
> less
> for the same level of service then that would be good.  If I could pay the
> same to another ISP and get better reliability on Youtube then that would
> be
> good.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> --
> My Main Blog         http://etbe.coker.com.au/
> My Documents Blog    http://doc.coker.com.au/
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> luv-main mailing list -- [email protected]
> To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]
>
_______________________________________________
luv-main mailing list -- [email protected]
To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]

Reply via email to