Actually I don't want to have two different IP addresses on the same
ethernet port because the protocol I'm trying to implement works on layer
2. If you take a look at the picture in the original message it specifies
two logical Ethernet ports and the protocol says: "the node communicates
with the network via two logical interfaces based on a single physical
port".

I can distinguish the two logical Ethernet ports I created by netif_add()
by giving them two different MAC addresses but the problem is that the
destination MAC of all received messages is a MULTICAST address which
means, the two logical interfaces won't be able to identify which of them
should handle the received message.

I'm not sure if my problem is clear, but I guess the image says it all.
Thanks,