On 2016-06-30 18:55, Sjoerd wrote:
On 30/06/2016 11:17, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:

Please note that btrfs is not a stable filesystem, at least not in the
latest Ubuntu (16.04).

You may have "out of space" errors with them, especially when doing snapshots.

kernels 4.6.x[1] behave stable for me.

I am not using RAID5/6 with btrfs. Only the latter is still not
production ready as I understood it.
My amount of snapshots won't be a lot (maybe 50 max or so), since I
delete them regurly.
But I'll keep an eye on the metadata as well indeed.thanks for the hint..

"out of space" when doing snapshot affects kernels older than 4.6, no matter if you use RAID-1, RAID-5/6, or no RAID.

It's especially annoying especially when snapshotting running containers with postgres, mysql, mongo etc. - as this causes database errors or crashes.

Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org/