Hi all, first post on the list :)

I have two main questions, that will maybe get some ramifications.

The first one is...

Assuming a hardened Guest image (SELinux or Apparmor + The NSA
Guidelines + no shell access on the guests), A LXC Host would be
suitable to use as containment and resources control system for web
hosting of several clients (I mean... Several 1000+)?

The second question is...

Assuming a Duo-Quad core intel machine, with 32 Gigs of RAM, how many
containers I could squeeze on it? (Like... without any service running,
what would be the memory and cpu overhead?)

For apache hosting I made some rough research and came to something like
this:

For idle containers:
Ma . Ac / (Mt / 3) . 2

Where:
Ma => Apache proc memory consumption
Ac => Number of apache processes per container
Mt => Total amount of memory on the host

I also leaved one third of the total memory not allocated to allow some
space for apaches to grow.

For loaded containers:
Cgroups memory limit / Total amount of memory

Do all this looks sane? :P

Thanks in advance for any information on the subject.

--
Leon Waldman
SysAdmin Linux SĂȘnior - Arquiteto de Infra-Estrutura & TI.