Hi Andrej,

Andrej N. Gritsenko wrote on 06/02/2015 11:00 PM:
>      Hello!
>
> U.Mutlu has written on Tuesday,  2 June, at 22:32:
>> Andrej N. Gritsenko wrote on 06/02/2015 09:57 PM:
>>> U.Mutlu has written on Tuesday,  2 June, at 20:41:

>>> I think you should open a terminal window and enter a command
>
>>>     ps 5934
>
>>> (replace 5934 with number from that window) to see what is the process in
>>> question. The most probably some application was left in autostart after
>>> you migrated to LXDE, but it might be someting else as well.
>
>> Ok, that indeed works. It says:
>
>> $ ps 8276
>>    PID TTY      STAT   TIME COMMAND
>>   8276 tty1     S      0:00 lxpolkit
>
>> It seems to be a component of LXDE, isn't it?
>
> Yes, it is. And google search gives a hint the message is an issue of the
> display manager, people mostly report it for lxdm. Which one do you use?

As I wrote in the other thread today I had lightdm installed,
but it's removed now. But the popup still comes.

I have currently no display manager installed (I start the desktop
manually via startx; that's my desire), only the following library:

# dpkg -l | grep -i lxdm
# dpkg -l | grep -i lightdm
# dpkg -l | grep -i "display" | grep -i "manager"
ii  libxdmcp6:amd64 1:1.1.1-1+b1 amd64 X11 Display Manager Control Protocol
library

That library cannot be uninstalled as there are far too many dependencies.

>> Otherwise there are only these 2 libraries installed with "polkit" in their
>> name:
>
>> # dpkg -l | grep -i polkit
>> ii libpolkit-agent-1-0:amd64   0.105-8 amd64 PolicyKit Authentication Agent
>> API
>> ii libpolkit-gobject-1-0:amd64 0.105-8 amd64 PolicyKit Authorization API
>
> It should be not a library but /usr/bin/lxpolkit binary instead.

lxpolkit is a binary program in the lxsession package, ie. it's not a package
on its own in the Debian distribution:
https://packages.debian.org/search?searchon=contents&keywords=lxpolkit&mode=path&suite=stable&arch=any

>> Can I as user fix this issue somehow, or is it a case for the LXDE
>> developers?
>
> I'm not sure whether that is a setup problem or a package problem so I have
> no idea how to solve it now.

Thanks Andrej, maybe other users had the same issue and hopefuly have a
solution. It's IMHO not so important, only a little bit annoying.

cu
Uenal