Op 03-05-2024 om 06:22 schreef Stefan Behnel:
But splitting the CDATA section makes perfect sense. This does not even
need an option, we can just remove the check and add a test for it.

Do you want to propose a PR?

Yes, I will. It will take me a little while to figure out how to run the tests, seeing as the lxml tree doesn't compile, but if need be I'll just test the test method elsewhere before copying over. CI will then pick up any mistakes I may have made.

The Python "xml.etree.ElementTree" package can also parse this correctly,
but escapes this on output since it doesn't support CDATA sections
directly. Thus, it seems best to add the test in "test_etree.py" rather
than "test_elementtree.py" since the behaviour of both differ here.

Thanks, that saves me some searching. 🙂

Kind regards,
Gertjan.