Op 25-04-2024 om 16:58 schreef Stefan Behnel:
Gertjan Klein schrieb am 21.04.24 um 16:12:
> There are in total 503 unresolved externals. I checked the first one, and > find that is is present in the downloaded libxml2_a.lib, but without the > underscore. The directories of the downloaded libraries are correctly added > to the compiler command line.

It might help to see the command line.

I have now figured out what I did wrong. I have both VS 2019 and VS 2022 installed. If I don't do anything, setuptools selects the latter, and that doesn't match the compiler the external libs are compiled with (and, presumably, Python itself). So, I searched for a batch file to make setuptools use the correct compiler, and chose the wrong one, apparently.

Adding some debug statements to msvc.py taught me that I need to call this batch file before starting the build:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\VC\Auxiliary\Build\vcvarsall.bat"

(with a x86_amd64 parameter). After that, everything works as expected.

Kind regards,
Gertjan.