> 'That's correct for <div>s in general'

> There is no correct.  I decide what I want.  How do I add a style?

Well, since there is a spec, there is a well-defined `correct', at
least to the extent that the spec is properly done.  (I don't know the
spec well enough myself to know what it says is correct for <div>s in
general.)

That said, you are of course welcome to arrange for the software you
run to interpret HTML (or anything else) any way you please, regardless
of any specs.  But don't be surprised if others are uninterested (in
using it, in helping you arrange it, in interoperating with it,
whatever).

No, I don't know how to add a style to lynx.  I'd probably do more or
less what it sounded as though you did, then treat the crashes you
described as a bug to be debugged.

\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML                mo...@rodents-montreal.org