Fred> Hi LyXers, when I start LyX with % lyx Diss and Diss.lyx exists
Fred> in the working dir, LyX says "Cannot open specified file
Fred> $PWD/Diss".  When I enter "Diss" into the File open dialog, it
Fred> works.

I plan to clean this part a bit.

Fred> And one more: When I start LyX with % lyx Diss.lyx Ein.lyx
Fred> DS.lyx LyX reads the files from last to first, eg. first DS.lyx,
Fred> then Ein.lyx, the Diss.lyx. This is bad, as I define math-macros
Fred> in Diss.lyx, and when it is read last, they are not used in the
Fred> other two docs.

I guess the idea was to ensure that the documents appear in the right
order on screen. Of course, the real fix would be to cure this shared
math macros problem.