A user sent me a question about importing latex files that use theorem
environments.  He said they all got translated into ERT.  I tried importing a
file I had exported to LaTeX, and it worked fine, so I told him to make sure
his original file was up to amsmath standards for latex2e.

Well, that wasn't it.  Here's what he tried, as a test, to import:

\documentclass [12pt]{amsart}
\newtheorem{theorem}{Theorem}
\begin{document}
\begin{theorem}
nonsense
\end{theorem}
\end{document}

And it imported with the theorem environment in ERT, just as he said.  When I
changed it to

\documentclass [12pt]{amsart}
\newtheorem{thm}{Theorem}
\begin{document}
\begin{thm}
nonsense
\end{thm}
\end{document}

it then imported it as a theorem environment like it should.

I advised him to re-label his theorem environments like in the layout files.
But, is there a way to allow such things to work correctly in reLyX?  Maybe
that's too much to hope for, because you never know what names someone may
use.

--

David L. Johnson           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Department of Mathematics  http://www.lehigh.edu/~dlj0/dlj0.html

Become MicroSoft-free forever.  Ask me how.