I don't recall anyone telling us about this review.
Dated Feb 15. by Jeremy "Unknwn" Katz on LyX-1.0

http://linuxpower.org/display_item.phtml?id=103

Fairly short review, recommends reading tutorial and the author feels LyX
"has a stronger feature set than any other word processor currently
available for Linux, although it has a slightly larger learning curve."

The four posted comments are extremely encouraging.
Although the second commenter is hoping for the replacement of .lyx format
by .tex which of course we've now decided against.

They all agree WYSIWYM is a wonderful philosophy once you get used to the
idea and realise how much time you actually waste doing WYSIWYG.
We even got at least one convert!

Allan. (ARRae)