In honor of no-smiley day, JMarc sent me a CC: again. Thanks!

On Wed, Dec 23, 1998 at 06:26:06PM +0100, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> Amir> I of course support any and all translations of the
> Amir> Tutorial.
>
> Support as in ``Technical support''? You fix the spelling mistakes
> 24/24, 7/7?

haha. No, meaning I plan to become a world famous author, and what better way
than having my works translated into lots of languages?

> Amir> I'm bowing to the will of the religious majority, which
> Amir> has declared today to be a no-smiley day, since it might be
> Amir> offensive to some if we were rude on Christmas.
>
> I do not see the interest of no-smiley day if we cannot be
> offensive. What's the point of all that?

Well, I would agree, but it can be dangerous to be offensive to the religious
majority. And here in America, they take Christmas *very* seriously. Which is
to say, since Christmas has had all its religious meaning squeezed out of it
by commercialization, we might as well force it on all Americans, regardless
of their religion or lack thereof. But I'm probably digressing here.

> - make an HTML-ized version of the ANNOUNCE and WHATSNEW files, or at
>   least add a link to the text version.

Why not HTML-ize? With asger's new method, that should be easy.

> - In the navigation bar, move the links section lower, and the mailing
>   list section upper.

Sure. Also, Henner Zeller's patch-tracker, while still cool, is no longer
"handy", and thus probably doesn't need to be mentioned. Also, I believe it's
a bit more accurate to link to David Johnson's page as LyX.html, even though
he's avoided linkrot by creating a link.

While we're at it, before the 1.0 release, it would be great if everyone could
update their personal LyX sites. For example, they could put the new mailing
list addresses up (yes, I'm talking to you, David :)

> - In 'how to get it' check that the mirrors are correct and replace
>   via.ecp.fr with ftp.lyx.org. Change the home page for Xpm to
>   http://www.inria.fr/koala/lehors/xpm.html.

Sigh. That means INSTALL needs to get changed too.

> - the mailing list page is pathetically out of date.

I could've sworn I sent in a replacement.

> Then if you have some more free time, I could use some housecleaning
> in my appartment.

If you pay for the ticket, room, and board for me and my wife, I'm sure
something could be arranged.

-Amir