On Mon, Jan 11, 1999 at 10:18:00AM -0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> > Editors' Revolt to Trim ERT) and optimizing for LyX.
>
> Is this ERTERT?  :-)

Sure. Remember that I"m also a member of the Redundant Redundancy
Reduction Committee.

> url.sty is certainly one option, at least for the URLs. Is it included in
> teTeX-0.4? I personally use the teTeX-0.9 pretest versions, but I don't
> want to lose compatibility with 0.4 since most people will have that.

0.4 (at least with update 008) has url.sty.

> Beyond that, the best solution for the things I noticed would be to add a
> paragraph style option for "sloppypar". This is a standard LaTeX
> environment which relaxes the spacing penalties.
>
> Please, oh mighty and wise developers, add this one soon!

I think this one's on the todo list.

> It would be useful for all sorts of things, but especially the docs.
> Another thing I would like is a real line break in the LaTeX sense: one
> that fully justifies the line, then returns, unlike (or in addition to)
> the current variation which stops in the middle of the line (i.e. left
> justifies) and breaks. But I can wait longer for this one.

I think this one might have to be a "special character". There's only so many
"Returns" you can have. C-Return, M-Return. It would get too confusing
otherwise. I think there's probably a bunch of latex "minicommands" that would
do well as Special_Chars. No, I can't think of any others right now...

> Okay, enough hot air. Back to using LyX to write a proposal which has
> Boeing (yes, the big aerospace company) as a contractor to little, ol' me.
> Ain't astronomy great? :-)

Yup. Can I have a job?

-Ak