On Mon, Jan 11, 1999 at 10:18:00AM -0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > As a separate issue, is there a way to get LyX to linebreak intelligently in
> > such cases? But doesn't url.sty make url's break cleanly? I just looked at the
> > docs for it, and it sort of looks like we ought to be using it for any url's
> > or email addresses in the docs...
>
> url.sty is certainly one option, at least for the URLs. Is it included in
> teTeX-0.4? I personally use the teTeX-0.9 pretest versions, but I don't
> want to lose compatibility with 0.4 since most people will have that.
> Beyond that, the best solution for the things I noticed would be to add a
> paragraph style option for "sloppypar". This is a standard LaTeX
> environment which relaxes the spacing penalties.
>
> Please, oh mighty and wise developers, add this one soon!

  I like to hear that part ;-) Actually as soon as the next pre-version all the
documents will have access to the url inset. The url inset, originally only existing
in linuxdoc, is transleted in latex as \url... So your pray was listen... ;-)

> It would be useful for all sorts of things, but especially the docs.
> Another thing I would like is a real line break in the LaTeX sense: one
> that fully justifies the line, then returns, unlike (or in addition to)
> the current variation which stops in the middle of the line (i.e. left
> justifies) and breaks. But I can wait longer for this one.
>
> Okay, enough hot air. Back to using LyX to write a proposal which has
> Boeing (yes, the big aerospace company) as a contractor to little, ol' me.
> Ain't astronomy great? :-)

  Jose' who has a degree in Astronomy but now is playing with math, physics and
economy... As you say it is a big universe
--
José Abílio de Oliveira Matos