Allan> # We still need portability to other platforms of course but we
Allan> can draw a line and say "it must support namespaces" or
Allan> whatever else we desire.  We can probably get away without
Allan> partial specialization of templates.

Could you explain why we need those namespaces? I understand what they
are in general, but we could probably live with std:: being the same
as the glabal namespace, if we choose names correctly.

Other than that, I agree that we should draw a line somewhere. But we
should be careful to draw it at the right place. And remember that
many people need to compile on the platform compilers and try to
support at least the latest version of these compilers.