On Sat, 21 May 2135, Jochen Kuepper wrote:

> On Mit, 14 Apr 1999 Allan Rae wrote:
[...]
> >So rather than force any particular sort order on the keys I'd
> >suggest we let the user sort their .bib file to suit their tastes and
> >that way they might be able to navigate better.
>
> Well, the problem is I have several distinct databases. Each of this
> is sorted like I want it, but in the CombBox inside LyX the entries
> are put behind each other - first all keys from database 1, then 2,
> ... .

In this case I'd prefer to have a marker or a label in the combox
separating the different databases.  Sorting them would obviously disrupt
the order.   I suppose it's a matter of how we each use the combox.  That
is,  do we remember the keys we need or do we look them up in a
bib-browser and then find them in the combox.  If the latter is the case
then we'd be much better off with a bib-browser that could insert the
citation using the LyXServer.  Alejandro had a patch for barracuda to do
this (it might even be in the contrib directory).  Alejandro does your
gbib handle this also?

> Yes, I agree using barracuda is more advanced, just thought it would
> be nice. I actually "copied" the LyX code to KLyX, but there I just
> sort all entries into the Combo. I donīt know what container to use,
> if there's something like STL vector (tell me what to use) I can use
> in LyX-1.0 I would send in a patch.

We're currently keeping 1.0 STL-free.  I'd prefer to leave it unsorted
since the user is likely to have sorted their .bib file (but I said that
last time too).

Allan. (ARRae)