> On Thu, Aug 12, 1999 at 02:58:38PM -0500, Richard E. Hawkins wrote:
> > And I can't use another editor, as I have program output which relies
> > on double spaces inside some of my figures. . . .
> >
> > They seem to be harmless once they're passed by latex, but paranoia is
> > catching up with me.  Is there a way to remove them?
>
> You could easily (?) whip up a perl script (or probably even
> awk...) to do it except between \begin{figure} and \end{figure}, e.g.

Yep, after learning Perl, it would be clear sailing :)

hmm, I could change the delimiter for mailmerge to space, and . . .

Now that I think of it, I've actually done this kind of hack in basic .
. . Among others, I had no telecom program for my mac when I got the
tandy 102, and I slurped from the port and then dumped . . ..

OK, I now supposed that it's really odd for *me* to be the one asking
about doing a weird parse :)