> My question is: in what order should things be done, if we want to
> have something working in a reasonable time frame. I guess I was
> asking that to the core developpers, but anybody is welcome to join,
> if he wants to code with us!

What I can see is clearly a case of the Baby Blues, or "post-natal depression
syndrome" :-)

Our baby 1.0 is out and doing fine; 1.2 is apparently not yet useable. I think
it should be made at least nominally useable again (with the new kernel!)
asap, so working on it becomes fun again. Then things will start rolling by
themselves.

I had the same experience after finishing my dissertation. Looking at a huge
pile of things to do without having really working code would depress anybody!

Martin