>>> - no accents - no transliteration of special characters like &~\%
>>> - no math formulae, no references...
>>  This is true only until we get our bufferview widget into
>> gui-independent form then we can create a small buffer in any
>> dialog (remember this was proposed for the find/replace dialog)
>> that will accept any LyX content.  Of course, this is a long way
>> off and may be a very interesting challenge.

Juergen> I don't think we have to wait that long. For now we just have
Juergen> to create auto-foldabel insets as we have in the 1.1.x series
Juergen> and put them before the section title (or whatever).

And what do you do with it when the section is changed into a section*
or a standard paragraph? Delete it? And where is it inserted in the
paragraph structure? A new par pointer? If we just insert a float in
the paragraph (like a footnote), we will have problem when generating
LaTeX (we see it too late).

That's why I was proposing for now (many people request
this feature) to do this via a special layout placed before the actual
section layout. It seems to me that LyX should be able to treat this
in a backward-compatible way when we have a real support for the
feature.

Whatever way we choose, we'll have to think hard before doing it.
It is not something that will be done next week, anyway.