On Tue, Sep 28, 1999 at 06:16:47PM +0200, Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:
> "Kayvan A. Sylvan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> | Putting pre-releases out there as well (with a notice saying "This is
> | pre-release software, please test this!") means that installing and testing
> | the latest would be easier for a large number of Redhat users.
> |
> | I see that as a win-win for the users and the developers.
>
> Not if we have to support these rpm's. That is why I think we should
> do as we do now with prereleases: somebody else contribute rpm's of
> the prereleases. However we could/should have a pointer to these
> unofficial rpm's somewhere.

People who install pre-releases shouldn't be expecting any real support
other that "downgrade to the latest stable release". They should be expecting
to contribute to the development effort by testing and providing bug reports.

In any case, a pointer to these unsupported rpm files will be fine.

                        ---Kayvan
--
Kayvan Aghaiepour Sylvan  | Proud husband of      | Father to my kids:
Sylvan Associates, Inc.   | Laura Isabella Sylvan | Katherine Yelena (8/8/89)